View important information and aftercare instructions for ensuring the best results after your procedure.
1. Do not massage the treated area at all. If the area is washed, pat dry very gently with a soft towel. Do not rub the treated area for 48 hours.
2. Do not bend excessively or lie down for at least 4 hours.
3. Do exercise the treated muscles by tensing them and relaxing them for the first hour after treatment.
4. Botulinum Toxin takes from 2 to 14 days to become effective. This is dependent on the strength of the muscles injected and the individual response.
5. If the degree of muscle relaxation is not as you would wish, please contact your practitioner.
6. Finally, treatment with Botulinum Toxin is temporary and to maintain the effects, treatment is recommended every 3 to 6 months.
1. You have undergone a dermal filler treatment where hyaluronic acid has been placed in the
skin and/or the lips. You may initially be swollen, red and bruised which will subside within
the next 1 – 10 days, especially if the bruising is extensive.
2. It is advisable that you do not touch the area for 6 hours.
3. Please avoid the use of makeup for 6 hours unless it is mineral based
4. Avoid exposure to sunlight, UV light, extreme heat i.e. sauna, steam rooms, sun beds etc.
for the same length of time as this may increase discomfort and swelling.
5. Also avoid extreme cold; this includes ice packs that are directly applied to the skin. If
necessary, you can apply a cool compress to the area to reduce any discomfort or
6. Arnica tablets/gel can be used to help reduce bruising or the application of Vitamin K oxide cream.
7. If you experience any lumpiness after 5 days in the implantation area it can be gently massaged to help smooth it out.
8. You should also avoid any facial massages or skin resurfacing until the area has healed fully.